Sunday, May 24, 2015

End of Semester 1

CU: 023 of 122

 I finally got through this:
  • 4 IT Foundations - C393 - O
  • 0 Education Without Boundaries Orientation - ORA1 - P
  • 4 IT Applications - C394 - O
  • 4 Integrated Natural Science - INC1 - O
I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I blame that on you all for not complaining at me. Definitely not my fault ;-)

Anyways, C393 and C394 were pretty easy. They were just studying for the 2 part (hence the two classes) test for the A+ certification. I say they were easy probably because I spent most of my "formative years" building desktop machines and trouble shooting everything for networks to printers and back again. I will say, as most have, that the printer portions are the hardest to remember and get right on the test.

ORA1 was just Orientation and done as soon as I started. An easy zero credit class ;-)

Integrated Natural Science though put my resolve to the test. It's A LOT of fact remembering and understanding. Most of the notes I've found online say that the normal time to complete this course is 10 weeks at WGU. I definitely went over that time, but lucky for me the other two classes (A+) I had baked in less than a month.

One thing to note about INC1 is that the pre-test does not align to the final test. Some of my studying was very specifically aligned to making sure I could pass the pretest and I only remember one question that was at all similar on the final test. But, the quiz questions for each module did include the questions for both the final and pre-test so study those often.

That's it for Semester 1. Next up is:
  • Introduction to IT - C182 O
  • Foundations of College Mathematics - C457 O
  • Elements of Effective Communication - C132 PO
  • English Composition I - C455 P
I've looked through the content of C182 (Into to IT) and think I can jam that pretty quick. I love math so I think I'll be able to pick that up quickly as well. The C132 (Elements of Effective Communication) I think will be tough. The final exam is a presentation, as well as a written. As I have given multiple presentations I don't fear that part, but the written might be lots of memorization (not my strongest suit). Then English Comp I dread...


Thanks for listening. Talk to you soon!

1 comment: