Monday, May 25, 2015

Intro to my time at WGU. 78/126

Hello,  I will start by introducing myself. My name is Chris and I work as an Information Security Administrator in Northern New York. I'm married and have 2 wild boys that keep me going all day long. I had tried online schools before, and they weren't for me. Then I started looking again about 1.5 years ago and found WGU.  There were a couple of things that attracted me to WGU. One being that the cost of attendance was less then any other school I looked at. The second and main deciding factor was that I would earn industry standard certifications and my BS all at once for the same cost! 

I started the trek through school one and a half years ago. It had been a long time since I completed a semester, by long time I mean 2008 when I graduated with my A.A.S in Computer Information Systems. This time I was determined that I would finish and earn my BS. I was actually very lucky during the enrollment process and acceptance. I transferred in 44 CU's, pretty much covering all but 3 general education courses!

I have completed 78/126 CU's in 3 semesters including transfer credits. Most of the classes were the intro IT courses so I was able to move through then with general ease, having worked in IT for a while. Just recently I started getting into the harder more advanced classes. At first I didn't need to put in the full 20 hours a week they recommend. This past semester proved I needed to put more time in. I had to take a couple second attempts on finals.

My 4th semester starts on June 1st. I will be taking my final general education course! The down side it requires me to write a paper. The up side is that the other courses are Networks, a scripting course and application development course.

I am going to try and write a post after each course and update my CU's as they are completed. Hope this can help others in their journey!

- Chris(Eag1e3y3)


No comments:

Post a Comment